Monday, May 21, 2012

Thankful for today

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my hip replacement.  Overall I would have to say I am extremely pleased with my recovery, especially the pain levels.  I continue to take less pain meds than prior to surgery...but know the pain levels are likely to amp up when I start out patient therapy.  That won't happen for 4 more weeks, after my next appt with the surgeon and an X-ray.  Friday I went to the grocery store and walked all around with Larry, using my walker.  I need to use a walker or cane for four more weeks.  Over the weekend I did a little more activity in the kitchen, baking a dessert and involved more in cooking dinner.  Had lots of help though.  I am tired today but just did some stretches and my 10 mits walk.  Yesterday when I got up from my recliner I heard some clicking in the leg that was operated on...no pain...just some sounds...but from what I have read that is not unusual..we will see how it goes.  Just need to continue to make small progress each day..being more and more active and being disciplined about stretches and walking.  I am so thankful for a new beginning and to have the surgery part behine me.  Thankful for no infection, thankful for so many things.  Thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment