Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Keep Moving Forward

Today is 4 weeks since my new hip was "installed".  Overall I am completely thrilled with my progress....I walked for 15 minutes today plus a walk around the drug store.  Inside I am using my cane most of the time and feel comfortable with it...but comfort level outside is still the walker.  Believe my energy level is going up...maybe my iron levels are improving.  Still taking a nap each day...usually stretching out on a bed which feels really good.
My pain levels are really good, once in a while I feel a pull in the incision area..but it's not bad at all. Tried  reducing pain pills...but was too uncomfortable.   I am still taking less pain medication than prior to surgery..amazing.
  I went to church last Sunday for the first time...took a pillow to sit on to make sure height was at a good level.  I did pretty well..lots of opportunities to get up and down.  Tail bone was kind of achey but not bad for the first time.  It was wonderful to go, first of all since I hadn't been in so long...but the best part of to go and not be in pain sitting there the whole time.  Thank you Lord for you mercy and your grace to me.  I am so very thankful for the blessing of this new hip..your timing for the operation was perfect and I praise you for that.  Help me to do what "I should" to keep improving and to keep moving forward.  "Keep moving forward".... (from Meet the Robinsons)

No comments:

Post a Comment