Monday, July 2, 2012

Two months and counting

July 1 was my two month mark...and I must say I am doing very well.  I started outpatient P.T. and the first time was rough but since then it has been pretty good.  Hopefully it continues along that way.  I have been doing my pt at home as instructed...What has recently bothered me the most is my knees.  Walking and working in the kitchen seemed to really irritate the knees.  I have backed off the walking for a while and have tried wearing wraps on the knees.. that seems to help a little. They had gotten so bad they were keeping me awake a night..not good. Both of my knees have arthritis. 
 I am sure all the stretches  I do laying down and standing aren't helping the knee pain...but they must be done.  My energy levels seem back up and it is wonderful to be able to participate in things and enjoy them without the overlay of pain.  I get tired of sitting pretty quickly on a hard chair or lower chair..  Don't know exactly where that is coming from ... if I am sitting in a funny way..but my pelvis and tailbone hurts..but goes away pretty quickly, once I get up from seated postion and move around. I have been enjoying going out to eat, shopping, doing things around the house...even going out to church concert Sunday night. It is such a blessing to be feeling so much better than I was six months ago.  Thank you Lord.  I am still not able to lean over and tie my shoes...or lean over and pick things up.  Can't go past the 90 degree precaution. Prior to surgery materials I read said full recovery could be 3 months to a year...so I feel like I am doing better than I could have ever hoped.
I feel extremely blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment